Macys - Don't sign up for Macy's credit card
I made the mistake of signing up for their credit card in order to get an additional percentage off my Macy's purchase.
When I got the statement it look like my balance due was $1.87. Thinking I must have paid the balance previously and this was additional interest, I paid the $1.87. The next month I got another statement, this time with a whopping $29.00 late fee. I went back and looked at the past statement and found that the previous balance was 81.87 not $1.87. Their horrible printing on the statement made the 8 look like a $. Directly below the balance due line is a minimum payment line that said $5.00 (with a dollar sign). Why have one line with a dollar sign and another line without it?
I called their customer service department and after waiting several minutes I finally got transferred to someone in India. The phone connection was horrible and she couldn't understand what I was trying to explain about the printing on the statement and the confusion it caused. She refused to remove the late fee, instead offering to credit my account $15.00 if I paid the entire balance (including late fee) today on the phone. I agreed to only pay the balance minus the late fee. She then told me it would cost $14.99 to pay by phone. Outrageous! I finally just closed the account in disgust. I'm sure I'll get another statement for the late fee next month.
I'll never shop at Macy's again and that's not an idle threat. I had a similar experience at Sears over 20 years ago and I have never set foot in a Sears since. I even went out of my way to return a gift that was given to me that was purchased at Sears. I can only hope Macy's suffers a similar financial fate as Sears.review #168914
You may also like
- "I was changing in the Macy's fitting room when i felt sharp pain in my foot;: I looked down a two pins were stuck in my foot. I then..."
- "Good Morning, I just had the unpleasant experience of visiting your Morton Grove IL store location. I was purchasing an air conditioning unit which was CLEARLY marked at the price..."
- "2 of Walmart employees Tashaun and Rickey made unauthorized copy of Tahoe key. Later came to my home and stole my SUV taking my 28" rims. Walmart says it's not..."
- "I went to Affordable dentures about 1 and half years ago, and had them make me an upper denture, when the teeth were pulled two months later the denture did..."
- "Wow, subject says it all, but a bad pixel(s) over 3/8" in size is NOT covered under their warranty on a brand new TV according to LG service... Pathetic! I..."
- "My wife and I have always taken our house rabbits to Dr. Toepke, HE is a great DVM however upon arrival today, for our rabbit that kept sneezing and had a runny..."
- "Bought two ASUS X200CA touch screen laptops at Best Buy for about $250 ea. Computers work really well. However, both no longer charge due to faulty DC-IN charging port design...."
- "I've tried posting my Pekingese puppies and everytime I post I'm flagged. No reason given so I cannot fix whatever I did wrong. This last time I just..."
- "62294 order number Teleflora My wife and I celebrated our 4 year anniversary and I ordered her flowers from teleflora. My mistake. I thought I was getting a 100$ romantic bouquet..."