Macys - Don't sign up for Macy's credit card
I made the mistake of signing up for their credit card in order to get an additional percentage off my Macy's purchase.
When I got the statement it look like my balance due was $1.87. Thinking I must have paid the balance previously and this was additional interest, I paid the $1.87. The next month I got another statement, this time with a whopping $29.00 late fee. I went back and looked at the past statement and found that the previous balance was 81.87 not $1.87. Their horrible printing on the statement made the 8 look like a $. Directly below the balance due line is a minimum payment line that said $5.00 (with a dollar sign). Why have one line with a dollar sign and another line without it?
I called their customer service department and after waiting several minutes I finally got transferred to someone in India. The phone connection was horrible and she couldn't understand what I was trying to explain about the printing on the statement and the confusion it caused. She refused to remove the late fee, instead offering to credit my account $15.00 if I paid the entire balance (including late fee) today on the phone. I agreed to only pay the balance minus the late fee. She then told me it would cost $14.99 to pay by phone. Outrageous! I finally just closed the account in disgust. I'm sure I'll get another statement for the late fee next month.
I'll never shop at Macy's again and that's not an idle threat. I had a similar experience at Sears over 20 years ago and I have never set foot in a Sears since. I even went out of my way to return a gift that was given to me that was purchased at Sears. I can only hope Macy's suffers a similar financial fate as Sears.
More Review Details
- Review category
- Supermarkets and Malls
- Review rating
- 5 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "Hello my name is Eric i went into my local walmart and most of the time i get the hot chicken wings from the deli bar well i really was..."
- "My polite letter to Sears Executive Customer Service Reps... Let's see if they back their consumer!! "I am writing in regards to my order - wrong item delivered, delivery 1.5 hours late..."
- "I hired Lowe's installer to install our dishwasher, the installer didn't tighten the nut to the dishwasher and it resulted us losing our kitchen,dining room wall and carpet. This was..."
- "Laptop advertised in paper ad and on Internet from Walmart for $549. Found out can only order on line. Click on ad and took me to Walmart's site..."
- "I've been on this site for just over a month and uncovered at least 11 scammers from GHANA wanting money, a phone, cloths or me to pay their bills. ..."
- "Instead of recommending a movie theater that is close to me, fandango takes for granted that I am going to see a movie at a place that is 4 hours..."
- "I too experienced the same, mold, bugs and what appeared to be a moldy dead mouse or something large. The bag was not expired and my dogs too were..."
- "Fractured leg resulted when my American Eskimo puppy escaped from a Midwest iCrate due to the door latch that was easy for him to open. My baby suffered for over..."
- "We installed a Pottery Barn Sussex Sconce in our bathroom above the medicine cabinet in February 2010. About four years later the stainless steel finish was peeling revealing a black/rusty..."