Macys - Don't sign up for Macy's credit card
I made the mistake of signing up for their credit card in order to get an additional percentage off my Macy's purchase.
When I got the statement it look like my balance due was $1.87. Thinking I must have paid the balance previously and this was additional interest, I paid the $1.87. The next month I got another statement, this time with a whopping $29.00 late fee. I went back and looked at the past statement and found that the previous balance was 81.87 not $1.87. Their horrible printing on the statement made the 8 look like a $. Directly below the balance due line is a minimum payment line that said $5.00 (with a dollar sign). Why have one line with a dollar sign and another line without it?
I called their customer service department and after waiting several minutes I finally got transferred to someone in India. The phone connection was horrible and she couldn't understand what I was trying to explain about the printing on the statement and the confusion it caused. She refused to remove the late fee, instead offering to credit my account $15.00 if I paid the entire balance (including late fee) today on the phone. I agreed to only pay the balance minus the late fee. She then told me it would cost $14.99 to pay by phone. Outrageous! I finally just closed the account in disgust. I'm sure I'll get another statement for the late fee next month.
I'll never shop at Macy's again and that's not an idle threat. I had a similar experience at Sears over 20 years ago and I have never set foot in a Sears since. I even went out of my way to return a gift that was given to me that was purchased at Sears. I can only hope Macy's suffers a similar financial fate as Sears.
More Review Details
- Review category
- Supermarkets and Malls
- Review rating
- 5 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "I received a "guarantee card" for an iPad mini in the store from an employee who had an entire cart full of iPads. I asked her if I could have..."
- "By far, my family and I had one of the worst experiences ever!!!My husband &I decided to go to on Friday April 15, 2011 to Wal-Mart(Store #3601, Crestwood IL) to..."
- "Today I purchased a ring at the Walmart in Arkadelphia, Arkansas. It had a sale sticker on it for $98. After taking the tag off at home, I lifted the..."
- "WORST flower company ever! Paid $90 for a small dead arrangement of flowers that should have been a large bouquet size. I paid extra to deliver same day and it..."
- "The Advocate Assistance program has given us nothing but run-around since the beginning. When they talked me into it, they promised a 30 day money-back guarantee, did nothing at all..."
- "My wife and I decided to remodel our kitchen in the fall and winter of 2006-07. She purchased all new stainless steel appliances including a Sears Kenmore Pro double..."
- "We love Ritz crackers....but the last box we bought was "Futbol Ritz Crackers" and all the crackers broken on pieces only touch them... So bad! We couldn't eat a single..."
- "So far. NOT IMPRESSED.Or should I say. DISGUSTED!!!!! Bought a sectional in June and the stitching come off the couch that same month. ( it happens) BUT..."
- "I got a loan in 2013 from One Main for $8,499.96. Never missed a payment of $276.25 for two years and checked my balance online and it showed I..."