I made the mistake of signing up for their credit card in order to get an additional percentage off my Macy's purchase.
When I got the statement it look like my balance due was $1.87. Thinking I must have paid the balance previously and this was additional interest, I paid the $1.87. The next month I got another statement, this time with a whopping $29.00 late fee. I went back and looked at the past statement and found that the previous balance was 81.87 not $1.87. Their horrible printing on the statement made the 8 look like a $. Directly below the balance due line is a minimum payment line that said $5.00 (with a dollar sign). Why have one line with a dollar sign and another line without it?
I called their customer service department and after waiting several minutes I finally got transferred to someone in India. The phone connection was horrible and she couldn't understand what I was trying to explain about the printing on the statement and the confusion it caused. She refused to remove the late fee, instead offering to credit my account $15.00 if I paid the entire balance (including late fee) today on the phone. I agreed to only pay the balance minus the late fee. She then told me it would cost $14.99 to pay by phone. Outrageous! I finally just closed the account in disgust. I'm sure I'll get another statement for the late fee next month.
I'll never shop at Macy's again and that's not an idle threat. I had a similar experience at Sears over 20 years ago and I have never set foot in a Sears since. I even went out of my way to return a gift that was given to me that was purchased at Sears. I can only hope Macy's suffers a similar financial fate as Sears.
More Review Details
- Review category
- Supermarkets and Malls
- Review rating
- 5 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "Macy's did not publish a poor review I wrote for a product I bought online that never arrived. They are still selling the product on their website (see the attached..."
- "I received a "guarantee card" for an iPad mini in the store from an employee who had an entire cart full of iPads. I asked her if I could have..."
- "I and undoubtedly thousands of other victims stayed awake until 3AM EST so we could save some money on Christmas gifts this season. Excited that Walmart.com would be offering..."
- "I purchased a pre owned GMC Van ($47,900) that was previously owned by the owner of Suntrup. When I asked what was wrong with it, and if it had..."
- "FLOWERS WERE NOT WHAT I ORDERED. AND DO TO SUBSITUTION POLICY THEY SAID IT WAS CORRECT..... I ORDERED A BOUQUET WITH MAINLY TULIPS AND THERE WAS NOT ONE TULIP. AWFUL..."
- "WORST flower company ever! Paid $90 for a small dead arrangement of flowers that should have been a large bouquet size. I paid extra to deliver same day and it..."
- "My HVAC was installed last friday that I reported to you before. The problem is the job is not complete. Early Services has not received the HEAT STRIP and if..."
- "First of all let me say that I have saved for a very long time to buy quality furniture. My family has been an Ethan Allen buying family. We have..."
- "Buyer beware. I recently purchased an area rug from Rugs USA. I made the mistake of waiting to take the rug out of the packaging until the room for which..."