Macys - Horrible first day, i quit.
I go in for my first day on work 20 minutes ahead, I was greeted by Scott and he told me where to go and what to ask.I walk up to the counter and none of the three employees knew I was coming or that they had to “help” me.
I go to log in and I don’t know my pin number because Human resource never told me how to set it up. So I head across the mall to Human resource and it was a simple fix and everything was okay. I go back up and I am ready to start, even though no one knew what I should do, but two women helped me. This was my first job in retail so I don’t know much but I understood how to do the cash register and talk to people.
Next thing I know I am being attacked by my coworker who is an elderly women, because “it is ridiculous” I don’t know where they security tags where. The customer was nice and another employee me where to check. After the customer leave the coworker comes back and makes a smart remark “I’m glad you looked for the tags”. I honestly did check and I never done this before.
I was told by many people at Macys that you will learn hands on and make mistakes. This made me really upset being attacked out of nowhere because it’s my first day! Then it all went downhill from there. Now all the employees are frustrated with me because I don’t know what to do, because no one showed me.
The Human resources called me down to finish training. After watching a 16 minute video for probably the 5th time it was still not fixed and no one in human resources knew what to do and sent me on my way and told me to come back. I will not be returning to Macys and I will be telling everyone my experience and telling them to no longer shop at Macys in lakeside mall. Macys is supposed to be built on team work and “Magic” and that was the complete opposite of my experience.
I walked out the mall and didn’t look back because how I was treated was unbelievable. I had no one to help me train, my department manager didn’t care, horribly rude employees. Thank you for your time at Macys, Everyone in Human resources was great and helped a lot. My department was the complete opposite and I hope you guys can look into it and figure out was it wrong.
I was even told by another employee to stay away from the women side of Macys because it is nothing but drama and rude women.
There no way to contact anyone about hours or how to take time off, they don’t work around your needs.No one wanted to train me or take the time for me, even the manager showed lack of care.
You May Also Like
- " We purchased a Bernhardt leather sofa, chair ottoman and other furniture 7-8 years ago. The furniture was in a room that was rarely used. We moved recently and..."
- "Hi, I am reporting from the New York Market. I've started with ACN on Dec 11, 2015 with an open-mind. I'd like to share my testimonial with everyone..."
- "Dear Readers, I bring this information to your attention regarding Vergil Perryman of Earth Power International. I can reliable inform you, Earth Power International has requested that your company..."
- "Very deceptive web site, I bought two tickets of $188 as shown on the site that became $845 by the time I finished. I immediately pointed out the error but..."
- "Chain is turning pink in some areas. Very poor quality for the cost. Will never purchase jewelry from this company, pure junk! Contact the designer and she..."
- "I bought a leather sofa with 5 year extended warranty after a year leather starting fading. Contacted their warranty deptt but never had any person that can come and see..."
- "Most *** poor dental service in michigan at mt.pleasant aspen butcher shop/the dentures they make are bottom of the barrel not properly made forms are took by kids with no..."
- "i have bad experience with that site i send them an email before apply exam to check the grantee and confirmation that exam updated , i received reply that exam..."
- "I ordered 2 dresses, when they arrived one was exactly as pictured, the other not so much. Actually the only thing that looked the same as the picture on the..."