Macys - Horrible first day, i quit.
I go in for my first day on work 20 minutes ahead, I was greeted by Scott and he told me where to go and what to ask.I walk up to the counter and none of the three employees knew I was coming or that they had to “help” me.
I go to log in and I don’t know my pin number because Human resource never told me how to set it up. So I head across the mall to Human resource and it was a simple fix and everything was okay. I go back up and I am ready to start, even though no one knew what I should do, but two women helped me. This was my first job in retail so I don’t know much but I understood how to do the cash register and talk to people.
Next thing I know I am being attacked by my coworker who is an elderly women, because “it is ridiculous” I don’t know where they security tags where. The customer was nice and another employee me where to check. After the customer leave the coworker comes back and makes a smart remark “I’m glad you looked for the tags”. I honestly did check and I never done this before.
I was told by many people at Macys that you will learn hands on and make mistakes. This made me really upset being attacked out of nowhere because it’s my first day! Then it all went downhill from there. Now all the employees are frustrated with me because I don’t know what to do, because no one showed me.
The Human resources called me down to finish training. After watching a 16 minute video for probably the 5th time it was still not fixed and no one in human resources knew what to do and sent me on my way and told me to come back. I will not be returning to Macys and I will be telling everyone my experience and telling them to no longer shop at Macys in lakeside mall. Macys is supposed to be built on team work and “Magic” and that was the complete opposite of my experience.
I walked out the mall and didn’t look back because how I was treated was unbelievable. I had no one to help me train, my department manager didn’t care, horribly rude employees. Thank you for your time at Macys, Everyone in Human resources was great and helped a lot. My department was the complete opposite and I hope you guys can look into it and figure out was it wrong.
I was even told by another employee to stay away from the women side of Macys because it is nothing but drama and rude women.
There no way to contact anyone about hours or how to take time off, they don’t work around your needs.No one wanted to train me or take the time for me, even the manager showed lack of care.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "I worked at Trimax Locks/Bugzooka/Wyers Products Group for almost a year. The owner Philip Wyers and Accountant Jenna Meacham practice shady business methods in many aspects of the business. I..."
- "It's now mid June 2015. As a current employee they have changed the selling game to benefit most of the DMs and the corporate owners. Understand that this is a..."
- "I can share that Power Places Tours threatened to hire an SEO company to make lots of websites about me labelling me as a man of bad integrity and as..."
- "I purchased a remote start unit as a Christmas gift for my wife. I wanted to install the unit my self but they insisted I let them, as the installation..."
- "I bought a leather sofa with 5 year extended warranty after a year leather starting fading. Contacted their warranty deptt but never had any person that can come and see..."
- "Very deceptive web site, I bought two tickets of $188 as shown on the site that became $845 by the time I finished. I immediately pointed out the error but..."
- "The item I purchased wasn't as pictured online. The online picture appeared as a dirty gray/dark shirt with a black print on front. The item arrived as a..."
- "This was our first time using Bookvip.com and we are quite impressed with the excellent and timely way every encounter with them was handled. We were treated like VIP during..."
- "i Was sent a package of 3 bathing suits. As you can see from the picture, one (flowered) is completely open in the back. The one top left comes in..."