Macys - Horrible first day, i quit.
I go in for my first day on work 20 minutes ahead, I was greeted by Scott and he told me where to go and what to ask.I walk up to the counter and none of the three employees knew I was coming or that they had to “help” me.
I go to log in and I don’t know my pin number because Human resource never told me how to set it up. So I head across the mall to Human resource and it was a simple fix and everything was okay. I go back up and I am ready to start, even though no one knew what I should do, but two women helped me. This was my first job in retail so I don’t know much but I understood how to do the cash register and talk to people.
Next thing I know I am being attacked by my coworker who is an elderly women, because “it is ridiculous” I don’t know where they security tags where. The customer was nice and another employee me where to check. After the customer leave the coworker comes back and makes a smart remark “I’m glad you looked for the tags”. I honestly did check and I never done this before.
I was told by many people at Macys that you will learn hands on and make mistakes. This made me really upset being attacked out of nowhere because it’s my first day! Then it all went downhill from there. Now all the employees are frustrated with me because I don’t know what to do, because no one showed me.
The Human resources called me down to finish training. After watching a 16 minute video for probably the 5th time it was still not fixed and no one in human resources knew what to do and sent me on my way and told me to come back. I will not be returning to Macys and I will be telling everyone my experience and telling them to no longer shop at Macys in lakeside mall. Macys is supposed to be built on team work and “Magic” and that was the complete opposite of my experience.
I walked out the mall and didn’t look back because how I was treated was unbelievable. I had no one to help me train, my department manager didn’t care, horribly rude employees. Thank you for your time at Macys, Everyone in Human resources was great and helped a lot. My department was the complete opposite and I hope you guys can look into it and figure out was it wrong.
I was even told by another employee to stay away from the women side of Macys because it is nothing but drama and rude women.
There no way to contact anyone about hours or how to take time off, they don’t work around your needs.No one wanted to train me or take the time for me, even the manager showed lack of care.f1af831 review #438211
You may also like
- "I have enjoyed working for this company and I appreciate having had this wonderful opportunity to work with you all.As I move on, I would like to take a moment..."
- "I worked for renter perks for 5 months during this time I realized the company was ripping off small businesses and firing employees and not paying them the money they..."
- "After jumping though hoops to get the job I was ready for my first paycheck. I knew my direct deposit wouldn't be on for another week so i called..."
- "We mailed 3 DVD disks to my friend in China. After the package got received, Fedex sent us an invoice saying that we owe them $44286.10. We called the invoice..."
- "I have purchase air max 90 for $110. I have only worn three times. Poor quality material being use. If I wanted cheap quality I would have went to payless..."
- "I need to complete my externship of 180 hours without this they refused to give me my associates degree in science I have had trouble contacting the school administrator to..."
- "I have a Kenmore water heater from Sears with a 12 year warranty. The warranty states, "Sears will 1) provide free water heater parts for those that are defective in..."
- "There are several windows in our home that have accumulated mold that keeps coming back ever since it was built in 2003. We moved in December of 2003 and..."
- "Feel highly disappointed with the quality of the origami owl products. I hosted a home party where my family and friends bought a significant amount of jewelry. I have two..."