Macys - Macy's unethical Billing Practices
Re: Macy's unethical practices.I tried to pay my Macy's bill today.
I have a balance of $200 on my revolving charge account and a balance of $3000 on my "deferred interest" account, with no interest for 2 years. Today I went into the store tried to pay on the deferred interest account and the clerk told me the "computer" would not let her enter a payment on this account. She did not know why. So I went to another department, and tried to pay on the deferred interest account, and got the same response.
I was told I had to make a payment on the revolving account before I could make a payment on the deferred interest account. So I made a payment on the revolving account, and then they refused to accept a payment on the deferred interest account, saying the new law mandates that a customer can only make one payment per month. They cited the "Credit Card Act of 2010".
I looked it up and there is nothing in the law which mandates a customer can only make one payment.Note to self- no more shopping at Macy's, and pay cash!review #170508
You may also like
- "I bought two shirts for my girlfriend from Macy's, both of which were on the 50% off rack and marked down to $30. When I got my statement, I was..."
- "I have a Kenmore water heater from Sears with a 12 year warranty. The warranty states, "Sears will 1) provide free water heater parts for those that are defective in..."
- " I purchased a gold necklace for my Husband at the Walmart in North Las Vegas, located at 1807 West Craig Road, phone number is (702) 633-6521. It cost..."
- "We closed on our Lennar "Comfort Wise" and "Energy Star Certified" home in May of 2006. Lennar should not use these terms when offering their product for sale. ..."
- "In August 2010, another construction defect lawsuit against Lennar Homes and Greystone Homes was filed. It involves multiple homes in a newer Henderson, NV community known as Fiesta Park. The..."
- "To say that I am disappointed with my Alienware purchase would be a complete understatement. I purchase their â€œpremier desktopâ€ product at the end of 2009. One week after..."
- "A few things have happened. For starters: one of the bras I received about February busted open about 2 months after I got it! See the picture I attached. It's..."
- "I signed the contract for my house (Enclave at Highland Horizon - Austin, TX) in Jan of 2014 and it was completed in July so I have no complaints about..."
- "There has to be reason Ora Delphine can sell their bags at 75% off (of course that's off an arbitrary price se,t of course, by Ora Delphine!)...and that reason IMHO..."