Macys - Macy's unethical Billing Practices
Re: Macy's unethical practices.I tried to pay my Macy's bill today.
I have a balance of $200 on my revolving charge account and a balance of $3000 on my "deferred interest" account, with no interest for 2 years. Today I went into the store tried to pay on the deferred interest account and the clerk told me the "computer" would not let her enter a payment on this account. She did not know why. So I went to another department, and tried to pay on the deferred interest account, and got the same response.
I was told I had to make a payment on the revolving account before I could make a payment on the deferred interest account. So I made a payment on the revolving account, and then they refused to accept a payment on the deferred interest account, saying the new law mandates that a customer can only make one payment per month. They cited the "Credit Card Act of 2010".
I looked it up and there is nothing in the law which mandates a customer can only make one payment.Note to self- no more shopping at Macy's, and pay cash!
More Review Details
- Review category
- Supermarkets and Malls
- Review rating
- 2 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "My family and I had gone to Target and saw that they had this black futon that switched as a bed for the sale price of 99.00. We went home..."
- "I went to the family dollar and after checking the cap before I put it in my basket and taking all items out of my basket one by one and..."
- "I am writing to you about an incident that happened to my 2 year old son at the Danvers, MA Costco. On April 12th, my son and I were..."
- "ISHRS is a DISGRACE!! International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery is a DISGRACE!! This is a NON-COMMERCIAL posting/website. Any statements I make below are my own opinion. For reasons described below, the..."
- "Eighty-nine homeowners from Bakersfield, CA filed a lawsuit against LENNAR Homes for construction defects. Milstein, Adelman, and Kreger, the firm representing the homeowners, released a statement saying: "These..."
- "In August 2010, another construction defect lawsuit against Lennar Homes and Greystone Homes was filed. It involves multiple homes in a newer Henderson, NV community known as Fiesta Park. The..."
- "It's been almost two months since I was rear ended by a USAA member. He said he had been having problems with his brakes. I guess so considering he totaled..."
- "I signed up my company FASTAXI with Cartvertising in Sept 2014 for 20% of the back facing ads and 100% of the front facing on 400 carts. I made..."
- "I received a hot tub cover from Solis Spa cover & Hot tub cover. They did not deliver the hot tub cover within the ten days. (ordered June 27). I..."