Macys - Bernhardt 'leather' sofa & chair sold as real leather- Not real leather

113 of 999 Macys reviews

We purchased a Bernhardt leather sofa, chair ottoman and other furniture 7-8 years ago. The furniture was in a room that was rarely used. We moved recently and began using the furniture. It started to peel. When we purchased this furniture we were told it was leather-NOT bonded. It was very expensive, but we planned to use it for many, many years since it was 'leather'. We purchased the extended warranty-Worry No More! All of those records were verified via your microfiche records.

We have made numerous calls to Macy's customer service. They told us our furniture was out of warranty and nothing could be done.

My issue is that (1) I was misled regarding the furniture being leather. This is not acceptable. I was also misled regarding the Worry No More warranty.

Your company has always been one I thought of when I was ready to make a large purchase, however I could not be more disappointed. If this was furniture that was abused, I could understand. We rarely used the furniture for the first few years.

I have seen numerous complaints about this exact same product. I've spent a lot of money over the years on furniture from Macy's. This is not a small problem with the Bernhardt items.

I know that your company has stated that there was nothing that could be done. This is not acceptable.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
113 of 999 Macys reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Macys. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Macys.
Filing a new complaint about
×