2.6
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

When I paid my Macy's bill off and on time, they charged me the following month. Only pay cash or use another card when shopping at Macy's.

They are a rip off and sneaky. When I asked about this at the store, they said that they never do this. I showed the woman the bill that i received. They charged me twenty six dollars and this was not the first time that they did this.

I will never use their card again. As a matter of fact, I am not sure if I will shop there again. I do not know how they get away with this nonsense. No wonder they have to shut some of their stores down.

They are not a trustworthy store and I do not want them to have my business anymore. What a terrible thing to do to consumers who are giving you their business.

Product or Service Mentioned: Macys Customer Care.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

They do this a LOT. As I said to another poster on here, they will charge you a late fee if they mail your new bill out after you've already paid it.

If your payment due date states 4/29 for example, try to pay it off at least over a week early. Even if you go to the store on the 28th, it'll be considered late because the next bill was already mailed out, and the payments don't instantly appear on your account. I know this is crazy...but this is how they work.

And they don't count weekends for payments either. I know this because I have to explain this to customers numerous times a day.

to Riley #1592367

Riley, everything you’re saying is incorrect. Our latest due date is the 26th, and the bill doesn’t mail out until the closing date, which is 2-4 days AFTER the due date.

It would be impossible to mail a bill before the due date, since the bill isn’t even generated yet. We also DO count weekends for payments, sorry that you feel the need to spread misinformation to your “customers.” In quotes because I highly doubt you work for us, considering what you said does not relate to our card at all.