Ease of Use

Ordered shoes online for my son's birthday. Although, I bought the shoes a size bigger, they were still tight (could have mentioned that on the website).

I have now been on hold for close to an hour and my experience has been like this: 1st call -lines were crossed and I asked the young lady if she could take my number and call me back, no answer, but I could hear her giggling in background and every 2 minutes or so, she would say, "hello", and when I answered her, she would pretend she could not hear. This went on for 10 minutes, 8 minutes on hold and 2 minutes dealing with this BS 2nd call - (call center is obviously overseas) - after being on hold for 15 minutes, got Chloe - I asked immediately for a supervisor, she asked if she could help, I said no - I want a supervisor - all she kept saying for the next 5 minutes was "I understand, but I still need to know the reason before I can transfer you "...and when I told her I did not want to be placed on another 15 minute hold before I could speak to one, she says, of course not, '... then what does she do, put me on hold for 10, come back and say she is still waiting for a supervisor...and puts me back on hold for another 10 minutes 45 minutes later is when I actually spoke to supervisor who I had trouble understanding (why is it the responsibility of the customer to be able to understand the rep and not the other way around....I am not being culturally sensitive, if I can't understand...), advised me that I would not be able to get a refund, unless I returned the item to the store and allowed the store to purchase a refund...mind you, I wanted the shoes not a refund... in the end, I realized there was no one to help me find a workable solution to get the correct sized shoe before Sunday (his actual birthday).

Thanks a bunch Macy's - NOT! Lost a long-time customer!

Review about: Macys Customer Care.

Comments

Why didn't you just go to the store?? The cashier's answering the phones are also dealing with customers in front of them.

The phones are set up to ring if put on hold, every minute to remind them they have someone holding. So you saying you were on hold for 10 minutes several times isn't believable and shows your exaggeration.