My receipt says that I have 1 year to return the item. Due to several problems / family emergencies, it took me a while to return my items.

The jeans are in brand new condition - never worn nor washed with all tags still attaches. I tried returning approx. 10 months after purchasing using the return sticker that was attached to the tags. I was told that I could no longer return the item because they were purchased over 180 days ago.

I told them that I was told the policy was 1 year and they disagreed. I recently found my receipt and the receipt clearly states on the back that the items can be returned within 1 year. I just got off the phone with customer service and I was told that the policy went into effect September 2017 (7 months after purchasing and 2 months prior to trying to return). I was told that one the policy went into effect, the one year policy that was stated on my receipt was invalid.

That is definitely not right (legally or as how a business should treat their customers). We usually had spent about $2K at Macys a year (it was pretty much the only dept. store where we shopped). I know that is a small amount compared to their annual sales however if they treat enough people the same way, that will add up.

Businesses nowadays are doing everything they can to make a profit - even at the expense of their customers.

We will no longer support Macys and will no longer shop there.....they are not the only place to buy things at..... That is something companies should keep in mind.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Comments