1.3
Ease of Use

This happened on May 28th 2018

First I purchased 2 items that were supposed to be an EXTRA 20%off. I had to bring the sales clerk over to the rack to show and prove to her the sign stated and extra 20% off for Memorial day and the next day (two days only). She had to call supervisor to tell her. The extra 20% was taken off but the initial receipt was treated as a return and re-rung up with the 20% off. Thereafter, I received and e-mail with a $10.00 reward for my purchase. I went and purchased another item because the reward stated it would be available immediately. I stated to clerk and showed the reward e-mail and clerk stated there was not any reward as I had a return. I stated I did not have any return and explained what happened with my first purchase. The clerk called CUSTOMER SERVICE and that person looked up my account and said I had return so no reward.

Here is problem I did not have return the first clerk had to fix receipt and ring it up again because it didn't have the 20% off. I was treated and told repeatedly I had a return so no reward like I was lying to them after I explained everything.

Finally I told customer service who was arguing with me goodbye.

All of this was uncalled for and nothing was accomplished or resolved after an hour's time I gave up. I may not every shop at that MACY"S again.

Reason of review: rewards.

Preferred solution: MAKe my rewards available asap.

I didn't like: How i was lied to and not helped, Terrible respect towards loyal customers.

Comments

You said the reward was $10. Yet you put your monetary loss as $1,000. You seem confused yourself.

I’m a Macy’s associate and I think What happened was that u probably earned the star money (the reward) when u purchased the items without the 20% off. The reward u earn is based on how much u spent.

So when the Associate returned the items you would have lost the reward. When the associate redid it with the 20% off, the amount u payed with the 20% off, the total was probably not enough since it had now been less than the 1st time for u to earn back the reward. Hence you wouldn’t have gotten the reward.

Based on what you said, I believe this is probably what happened.Also the extra 20% sign u say u saw for two days was actually only when u open up a credit card. Luckily for Memorial Day they did have other coupons so that’s probably what they ended up using for ur purchase.