Macys - Forced to Pay FAR More Than I Should Have Been Charged; Customer Service Never Cared to Answer Questions
I bought two shirts for my girlfriend from Macy's, both of which were on the 50% off rack and marked down to $30.When I got my statement, I was charged the original price of over $60 for each.
When I called asking to verify the mark down in place on the day of purchase, they said they couldn't get that information, but when I emailed and they responded with evidence I was right, the store ignored ALL subsequent emails asking for the fair price to be charged to me. Since I opened up a Macy's account, late notices piled in, and no matter how many times I sought help to be charged what I should have been charged, Macy's ignored it and kept tacking on the late fees. When I called, the employee would repeatedly talk when I was talking, acting as if she wasn't hearing me until I was forced to chew her out. I paid $204 to put a stop to it only because the last thing I needed was for a credit agency to come after me and take me to court.
I will NEVER go to Macy's again. It is full of thieves and liars and has the worst customer service ever, all of which is outsourced. I got my girlfriend to go to Kohl's now. I'm much happier with them.
I am including a letter I received showing that the item I bought was being marked down...and to only 19.99. I paid over $50 for it.
Notice how the letter says I can email them.Well, I did, and they NEVER responded to the next three emails I sent.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Poor customer service
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- I would like to be charged ONLY what I should have been charged and have the late fees removed because they accumulated ONLY because Macy's refused to answer my inquiries ad get to the bottom of my concern.
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Calvin Klein Shirt
- Review category
- Footwear and Clothing
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I recently placed 2 orders for Michael Kors bags through Macys.com. The first order I bought 2 bags that were on sale and they shipped me customer return bags. Customer..."
- "My husband bought a gold necklace from Macy's. Well when i put it on it didn't fit well. We went in to return it and we were told that..."
- "I order a blue jumper( with other items) as attached photo with pattern on it as first photo. 6 weeks later or I got a blue jumper but totally different..."
- "Bought the MK Romy Crossbody bag online via the MK site in late May 2016, within 7 weeks, after carrying the bag maybe a total of 20 times in that..."
- "Sa Panorama, LA po ito. Sobrang iba yung spag nila so disappointing pangatlong init lang ang peg! Hindi ba kaya lutuin ng katulad sa pinas? Tapos kailangan ba talagang ibahin..."
- "I started this regimen back in March for a week then I stopped and started once again in May 2016 at 215 lbs. This month of September 2016 I have..."
- "I lost 80 lbs in 2+ months. This Gastric Bypass ALTERNATIVE is amazing.I started at 430 lbs and now 350 lbs simply by following instructions and rules. No tricks.Amazing feeling..."
- "In short I have had a pair of lucky jeans for over ten years still my favorite. Baught 3 new pairs 3 months ago and they fell apart. old tag..."