I bought two shirts for my girlfriend from Macy's, both of which were on the 50% off rack and marked down to $30. When I got my statement, I was charged the original price of over $60 for each.

When I called asking to verify the mark down in place on the day of purchase, they said they couldn't get that information, but when I emailed and they responded with evidence I was right, the store ignored ALL subsequent emails asking for the fair price to be charged to me. Since I opened up a Macy's account, late notices piled in, and no matter how many times I sought help to be charged what I should have been charged, Macy's ignored it and kept tacking on the late fees. When I called, the employee would repeatedly talk when I was talking, acting as if she wasn't hearing me until I was forced to chew her out. I paid $204 to put a stop to it only because the last thing I needed was for a credit agency to come after me and take me to court.

I will NEVER go to Macy's again. It is full of thieves and liars and has the worst customer service ever, all of which is outsourced. I got my girlfriend to go to Kohl's now. I'm much happier with them.

I am including a letter I received showing that the item I bought was being marked down...and to only 19.99. I paid over $50 for it.

Notice how the letter says I can email them. Well, I did, and they NEVER responded to the next three emails I sent.

Product or Service Mentioned: Macys Account.

Preferred solution: I would like to be charged ONLY what I should have been charged and have the late fees removed because they accumulated ONLY because Macy's refused to answer my inquiries ad get to the bottom of my concern..

I didn't like: Poor customer service, Staff.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Mar 23, 2015.

Comments

Why didn't you bother to notice this while checking out?? You're telling me the price rung up at double & you just ignored it & didn't question this with the sales clerk?? Sounds like fish to me!

MattD78
Vero Beach, Florida, United States #963251

Something's not right. If you purchased these at a Macy's store they would have given you a receipt at the time of purchase showing the price you paid. So does the store receipt not match what you paid?