Macys - Forced to Pay FAR More Than I Should Have Been Charged; Customer Service Never Cared to Answer Questions

324 of 999 Macys reviews

I bought two shirts for my girlfriend from Macy's, both of which were on the 50% off rack and marked down to $30.When I got my statement, I was charged the original price of over $60 for each.

When I called asking to verify the mark down in place on the day of purchase, they said they couldn't get that information, but when I emailed and they responded with evidence I was right, the store ignored ALL subsequent emails asking for the fair price to be charged to me. Since I opened up a Macy's account, late notices piled in, and no matter how many times I sought help to be charged what I should have been charged, Macy's ignored it and kept tacking on the late fees. When I called, the employee would repeatedly talk when I was talking, acting as if she wasn't hearing me until I was forced to chew her out. I paid $204 to put a stop to it only because the last thing I needed was for a credit agency to come after me and take me to court.

I will NEVER go to Macy's again. It is full of thieves and liars and has the worst customer service ever, all of which is outsourced. I got my girlfriend to go to Kohl's now. I'm much happier with them.

I am including a letter I received showing that the item I bought was being marked down...and to only 19.99. I paid over $50 for it.

Notice how the letter says I can email them.Well, I did, and they NEVER responded to the next three emails I sent.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Staff

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Preferred solution:
I would like to be charged ONLY what I should have been charged and have the late fees removed because they accumulated ONLY because Macy's refused to answer my inquiries ad get to the bottom of my concern.
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Calvin Klein Shirt
Review category
Footwear and Clothing
review #612274

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Macys? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 3 No 3
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
324 of 999 Macys reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
MattD78

Mar 25, 2015 #963251 Vero Beach, Florida, United States

Something's not right. If you purchased these at a Macy's store they would have given you a receipt at the time of purchase showing the price you paid. So does the store receipt not match what you paid?

2 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Macys. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Macys.
Filing a new complaint about
×