I would like to say how DISAPPOINTED I am with your customer service.
Let me explain a little about my frustration.
I recently places 3 separate orders on Friday, June 3rd at Macy’s Online. I needed my items to be shipped in individual gift boxes, I then live chatted with Jacqueline V., which said it could only be done if I placed separate orders, due to that, as a onetime courtesy she would give me free shipping and free gift boxes with all my orders. As a customer I was very happy, I placed the order myself and gave her access to my order number and she manually changed the total to what was promised. The way that works is a little tricky, a process I was not aware of. For example one of my orders total was $138.00 so that amount was pending on my account, Macy’s puts that amount back in my account as a pending deposit and takes out the corrected amount of $121.90. That happened 3 times with all my orders. I was a little concern, but since I could see the deposit of all the incorrect transactions amount I didn’t worry too much.
After a few hours my first purchase was canceled for no reason, I called and they couldn’t even explain why. I made a 4th purchase through the phone, with free shipping and free gift box, but who was placing the order took about 9 transaction of $00.10 to $5.00 difference from the original amount until they got it down to the correct amount with free shipping and free gift box. By then I had 16 transactions from Macy’s on my Debit card, still showing deposits for all the incorrect amount, which didn’t affect my available balance. Until I woke up Saturday morning June 4th and all the pending deposits were cleared and all the charges were still pending, leaving me $805.60 over charged and -$380.00 overdraft, on 3 purchases that should’ve only cost me $185.00 total. With that being said, I called Macy’s right away. They said that all these 13 incorrect UNAUTHORIZED pending transactions would fall off once my orders were shipped on Monday, June 6th and only the correct amount for each order would be posted. Until than my bank would charge $35.00 for every 24 hours my account was overdraft. Leaving me with no money for gas and food and with an extra $105.00 to pay on bank fees. I was told to contact my back and they could manually remove all those transactions. But for my luck, they can only remove 3 transactions which still would leave me overdraft.
I patiently waited until Monday. For my surprise all my orders were shipped and my accurate transactions were posted correctly, but $805.60 were still pending on my account leaving me still overdraft and increasing my fees. I waited another day, giving Macy’s the chance to get all my orders to UPS/FedEx warehouse, hoping that would make all incorrect pending transactions drop.
Unfortunately Tuesday the 7th I was still overdraft, and $140.00 on bank fees. I called customer service 5 times, hang up on 3 times after explaining my problem, left on hold for 20 min once asked to escalate to a supervisor, until my 5th time calling, when I was actually able to escalate my call and reach a supervisor. I explained the situation, he said that there’s nothing Macy’s can do other than wait 3-5 business days for that amount to drop, different answer from when I call on Saturday, June 4th. We got in a three-way call with my bank. Once I had both supervisors on the line I let the Macy’s supervisor explain to my bank supervisor what was going on with all those charges, which I actually got no explanation, he just asked what my bank could do to fix it, (Macy’s needs my bank to fix the mistake they made) and after 1h and 16min on the line, there was NOTHING none of them could do other than wait 3-5 days.
Macy’s offered me $150 gift card transferred to my visa, for my INCONVENIENCE, but I would only receive it in 10-15 days. Which did not help my situation AT ALL. NO HELP, NO ANSWER. All I got from Macy’s was a TERRIBLE experience, HORRIBLE customer service and a $165 debt fee with my bank.
NOW THIS IS WHERE IT GETS WORSE.
This entire hassle was because I needed my order shipped in gift boxes, with a gift receipt and no tags or prices. FOR MY SURPRISE 3 OUT OF 4 OF THE GIFTS ARRIVED ON REGULAR MAILING PACKAGE, WITH PRICE STILL ON IT AND A RECEIPT WITH PRICES ON IT, ONE ARRIVED ON A TERRIBLE WRAPPING PAPER THAT A 3 YEAR OLD COULD GO A BETTER JOB.
Called Macy’s once again, trying to get gift receipts for my gifts. NOT A SURPRISE ANYMORE, They couldn’t send me a gift receipt at first, they told me to print it online. It took about 30 minutes to get them to send it over through email, I was told it would take me about 7-10 days for gift boxes to arrive (the birthday is in 2 days ) than I was told that I can most definitely go to a Macy’s store and PURCHASE gift boxes ???????? Had to laugh at that one.
THANK YOU MACY’S FOR SCREWING UP SO BAD, I WILL NEVER SHOP THERE AGAIN.
I’ll post pictures to prove transactions, phone calls to Macy’s, receipts with gift box orders and how my gifts actually arrived.
More Review Details
- Review category
- Supermarkets and Malls
You May Also Like
- "If you have a Lowes Credit Card the bank that they use is GE Capital Retail Bank according to the "Employee" on a Rip-Off Report Rebuttal Report Number 1140625. This..."
- "Today I purchased a ring at the Walmart in Arkadelphia, Arkansas. It had a sale sticker on it for $98. After taking the tag off at home, I lifted the..."
- "This store has ha huge problem with customers parking where ever they want to. Complaints have been filed with the manager with no luck. Many people are angry but nothing..."
- "I purchased a new air conditioner on 4-25-13. They install it wrong and water was leaking on the cover and ground. Since installing it they have not fixed it...."
- "Very recently, after 14 yrs with #Verizon, I switched to #sprint, to take advantage of their iPhone forever plan, as well as save a few bucks. This is a quote,..."
- "I placed an order some 10 days in advance with www.fromyouflowers.com and the total bill was 87.47. I even had to pay a 4.99 surcharge for delivery on valentines..."
- "I purchased this "sport" windscreen from an Ebay seller from Italy for an XDiavel. BEWARE!!! The bolts that came with it are MUCH too short, and are black steel..."
- "Will NEVER purchase RTG ever again! We have spent hours dealing with costumer service and getting passed around... worthless!! We bought our 3 piece leather set with power 3 years..."
- "Airbnb is in the middle of a security crisis they have been "hacked" from. Airbnb's "Trust and Safety Team", is swamped with listings that have been high-jacked. I am host..."