I would like to say how DISAPPOINTED I am with your customer service.
Let me explain a little about my frustration.
I recently places 3 separate orders on Friday, June 3rd at Macy’s Online. I needed my items to be shipped in individual gift boxes, I then live chatted with Jacqueline V., which said it could only be done if I placed separate orders, due to that, as a onetime courtesy she would give me free shipping and free gift boxes with all my orders. As a customer I was very happy, I placed the order myself and gave her access to my order number and she manually changed the total to what was promised. The way that works is a little tricky, a process I was not aware of. For example one of my orders total was $138.00 so that amount was pending on my account, Macy’s puts that amount back in my account as a pending deposit and takes out the corrected amount of $121.90. That happened 3 times with all my orders. I was a little concern, but since I could see the deposit of all the incorrect transactions amount I didn’t worry too much.
After a few hours my first purchase was canceled for no reason, I called and they couldn’t even explain why. I made a 4th purchase through the phone, with free shipping and free gift box, but who was placing the order took about 9 transaction of $00.10 to $5.00 difference from the original amount until they got it down to the correct amount with free shipping and free gift box. By then I had 16 transactions from Macy’s on my Debit card, still showing deposits for all the incorrect amount, which didn’t affect my available balance. Until I woke up Saturday morning June 4th and all the pending deposits were cleared and all the charges were still pending, leaving me $805.60 over charged and -$380.00 overdraft, on 3 purchases that should’ve only cost me $185.00 total. With that being said, I called Macy’s right away. They said that all these 13 incorrect UNAUTHORIZED pending transactions would fall off once my orders were shipped on Monday, June 6th and only the correct amount for each order would be posted. Until than my bank would charge $35.00 for every 24 hours my account was overdraft. Leaving me with no money for gas and food and with an extra $105.00 to pay on bank fees. I was told to contact my back and they could manually remove all those transactions. But for my luck, they can only remove 3 transactions which still would leave me overdraft.
I patiently waited until Monday. For my surprise all my orders were shipped and my accurate transactions were posted correctly, but $805.60 were still pending on my account leaving me still overdraft and increasing my fees. I waited another day, giving Macy’s the chance to get all my orders to UPS/FedEx warehouse, hoping that would make all incorrect pending transactions drop.
Unfortunately Tuesday the 7th I was still overdraft, and $140.00 on bank fees. I called customer service 5 times, hang up on 3 times after explaining my problem, left on hold for 20 min once asked to escalate to a supervisor, until my 5th time calling, when I was actually able to escalate my call and reach a supervisor. I explained the situation, he said that there’s nothing Macy’s can do other than wait 3-5 business days for that amount to drop, different answer from when I call on Saturday, June 4th. We got in a three-way call with my bank. Once I had both supervisors on the line I let the Macy’s supervisor explain to my bank supervisor what was going on with all those charges, which I actually got no explanation, he just asked what my bank could do to fix it, (Macy’s needs my bank to fix the mistake they made) and after 1h and 16min on the line, there was NOTHING none of them could do other than wait 3-5 days.
Macy’s offered me $150 gift card transferred to my visa, for my INCONVENIENCE, but I would only receive it in 10-15 days. Which did not help my situation AT ALL. NO HELP, NO ANSWER. All I got from Macy’s was a TERRIBLE experience, HORRIBLE customer service and a $165 debt fee with my bank.
NOW THIS IS WHERE IT GETS WORSE.
This entire hassle was because I needed my order shipped in gift boxes, with a gift receipt and no tags or prices. FOR MY SURPRISE 3 OUT OF 4 OF THE GIFTS ARRIVED ON REGULAR MAILING PACKAGE, WITH PRICE STILL ON IT AND A RECEIPT WITH PRICES ON IT, ONE ARRIVED ON A TERRIBLE WRAPPING PAPER THAT A 3 YEAR OLD COULD GO A BETTER JOB.
Called Macy’s once again, trying to get gift receipts for my gifts. NOT A SURPRISE ANYMORE, They couldn’t send me a gift receipt at first, they told me to print it online. It took about 30 minutes to get them to send it over through email, I was told it would take me about 7-10 days for gift boxes to arrive (the birthday is in 2 days ) than I was told that I can most definitely go to a Macy’s store and PURCHASE gift boxes ???????? Had to laugh at that one.
THANK YOU MACY’S FOR SCREWING UP SO BAD, I WILL NEVER SHOP THERE AGAIN.
I’ll post pictures to prove transactions, phone calls to Macy’s, receipts with gift box orders and how my gifts actually arrived.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "I have a Kenmore water heater from Sears with a 12 year warranty. The warranty states, "Sears will 1) provide free water heater parts for those that are defective in..."
- "Hello my name is Eric i went into my local walmart and most of the time i get the hot chicken wings from the deli bar well i really was..."
- "Hello Macy’s, I would like to say how DISAPPOINTED I am with your customer service. Let me explain a little about my frustration. I recently places 3 separate orders on Friday, June..."
- "i sent in my complaint 2 weeks ago....where is it? it is the same situation with the freezer leaking water because the defrost does not work and ice builds up...."
- "Only ordered one item from the company original soe gear and have to say i love what i got. Ordered theyre wallet that they sekl to try out the products..."
- "HEY EVERYONE PLEASE DO THIS SO WE CAN GET THE WORD OUT THERE TO LET MORE PEOPLE KNOW THIS IS A SCAM If you been scammed by preview models please..."
- "Robert Hannan will not:Update youSend letters in a timely fashionSend you emails in a timely Fashionreturn telephone callsor Better yetBE POLITE or ETHICAL ! Be watchful of the letters he files..."
- "I am not some Third-World joker starving to get $5 assignments; I have a master's in electrical engineering, ran a computer security consultancy for quite some time, and, in the..."
- "You will do much better with a different mortgage lender. I found there follow through to be poor as well as there underwriting process. >After having an appraisal on my..."