I go in for my first day on work 20 minutes ahead, I was greeted by Scott and he told me where to go and what to ask.I walk up to the counter and none of the three employees knew I was coming or that they had to “help” me.
I go to log in and I don’t know my pin number because Human resource never told me how to set it up. So I head across the mall to Human resource and it was a simple fix and everything was okay. I go back up and I am ready to start, even though no one knew what I should do, but two women helped me. This was my first job in retail so I don’t know much but I understood how to do the cash register and talk to people.
Next thing I know I am being attacked by my coworker who is an elderly women, because “it is ridiculous” I don’t know where they security tags where. The customer was nice and another employee me where to check. After the customer leave the coworker comes back and makes a smart remark “I’m glad you looked for the tags”. I honestly did check and I never done this before.
I was told by many people at Macys that you will learn hands on and make mistakes. This made me really upset being attacked out of nowhere because it’s my first day! Then it all went downhill from there. Now all the employees are frustrated with me because I don’t know what to do, because no one showed me.
The Human resources called me down to finish training. After watching a 16 minute video for probably the 5th time it was still not fixed and no one in human resources knew what to do and sent me on my way and told me to come back. I will not be returning to Macys and I will be telling everyone my experience and telling them to no longer shop at Macys in lakeside mall. Macys is supposed to be built on team work and “Magic” and that was the complete opposite of my experience.
I walked out the mall and didn’t look back because how I was treated was unbelievable. I had no one to help me train, my department manager didn’t care, horribly rude employees. Thank you for your time at Macys, Everyone in Human resources was great and helped a lot. My department was the complete opposite and I hope you guys can look into it and figure out was it wrong.
I was even told by another employee to stay away from the women side of Macys because it is nothing but drama and rude women.
There no way to contact anyone about hours or how to take time off, they don’t work around your needs.No one wanted to train me or take the time for me, even the manager showed lack of care.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Hello Dears, This is Ms. Cindy, who is an Hairstylist @ Fantastic Sam Hair Salon on 10174 W. Broad Street, Glen Allen, VA. I just applied my job @ this Fantastic..."
- "Title says every thing I want to say. I was a fool and bought worry no more warranty twice , but the first minor claim I had and they ..."
- "Hello Macy’s, I would like to say how DISAPPOINTED I am with your customer service. Let me explain a little about my frustration. I recently places 3 separate orders on Friday, June..."
- "Same thing happened to us, just now. Called Netgear (it's been about a month or two out of warranty, NEVER had any issues with it, until now). They said it..."
- "Very deceptive web site, I bought two tickets of $188 as shown on the site that became $845 by the time I finished. I immediately pointed out the error but..."
- "I purchased a remote start unit as a Christmas gift for my wife. I wanted to install the unit my self but they insisted I let them, as the installation..."
- "UPS damaged my art work and never even returned my repeated call. I tried with my local store, called and emailed them many times. They responded and assured that someone..."
- "i spoke with 4 difeerent people about my phone today. The top of the screen is almost unreadiable also the ringer and sound cuts in and out when it wants..."
- "I purchased a new Miele S8390 FreshAir Canister Vacuum July 31, 2015, $599.00 Online from Amazon.com from Winchester vacuums. My complaint is the same product flaw I had I n my old Meile..."