1.7

I ordered a pair of MK ballet flats online. When I received my order, the shoes were not in the proper packaging because they were used, worn and returned, then sent to me. Appalled by this, I took them back to my closest Macy's store and wanted to do a simple exchange for a new pair of shoes. An actual NEW pair. The customer service I received in-store was absolutely horrendous. But I've worked in retail before too, so I understand how frustrating it is to have to give customer service to someone you aren't making commission off of... but I digress. Anyway, the sales associate in-store handed me the floor sample box with one shoe in it. I of course told him that I literally came to the store to get a NEW pair then he proceeded to tell me that he didn't have anymore in the store in my size. Fine. Apparently placing an online order was too much of a hassle at that moment. Doesn't make too much sense, because wouldn't he have gotten that commission too?? But anyway... I got on the phone with customer service, and a very understanding sales representative, Karen, apologized up-and-down for the shipping mistake AND the rude sales associate. I really just wanted a NEW pair of shoes. I proceeded to ask Karen if the new order she told me she was processing would be billed to the same card as my last order, but then she told me that they would be sent to me free of charge because of their mistake. I was extremely grateful, because I was STILL willing to pay full price for a NEW pair. Karen told me that since I returned the shoes in store, I had to wait for the return to process before the NEW shoes could be shipped out. Fine. I thanked Karen and called it a day. Until I realized that I had no proof of this "new order." I called back to confirm that Karen in fact placed the order and a different rep insured me that she did. Okay. A few days later, I called back asking for a confirmation email on the order that Karen supposedly placed for me. They said I would receive the email 3-6 days after March 24th, when the return was processed. Fine. Now TWO WEEKS later, I call customer service AGAIN and I am now told that the last three reps I spoke to basically lied to me. It would be impossible for Karen to have sent me out a new pair because my return had already been processed! WTF?!?! I've now waited over a month for a friggin pair of shoes that are just never coming!

I started off by simply wanting to do an exchange. I work hard and could afford a NEW (can't say that enough) pair of leather shoes without a damn problem. But now I want what was told to me. This is now principle.

I never - AND I MEAN NEVER - write reviews. However, I've been a long-time Macy's customer and I can NOT believe I was treated this way.

I hope SOMEONE at Macy's corporate actually sees this, because the number I was given, 212-695-4400, just rings and rings and rings. I really hope I don't have to send a letter to the BBB...

Review about: Michael Kors Shoes.

Comments

If customers would stop wearing and returning items, you wouldn’t be sold worn merchandise. It’s that simple.

When you rant and rave to anyone in retail, you look very small and unintelligent. Like ALL stores, returned merchandise that isn’t inspected immediately for damage is returned to stock and then re-sold.

There’s no way to guarantee you’ll receive a never worn item, it doesn’t matter if you order from the store or on your own computer. Stores are filling all of those orders.

We ALWAYS re-sell used items that have previously been returned. Unless the item is damaged.

Not all employees make commission, so the employee that dealt with you might've been a seasonal (temporary) employee, or might've just been called to work in the shoe dept from his own dept. But yes, he should've placed a new order for you online after doing the return. I don't know how busy he was that day. That's what I would've done.

Not sure why that lady gave you false information, but communication is always a big issue with this company. Unfortunately.