2.6K views

Macy's sells used mattresses, beware. Not all states allow the sale of preowned, returned, defective or dirty scuffed marked mattresses.Macy's sells the additional 10 year warranty on a new mattress so it you have a claim and your body impressions are in the criteria for you to a replacement within the 10 year period your old mattress ends up in one of their clearance centers across the country.

Its disgusting, I bought one and the mattress was lumpy and smelled like they tried to cover up something with a stong smelling disinfectent. Your better off keeping your old mattresses until you can afford a brand new one and not from Macy's.

All sales are final no returns or exchanges on these lumpy, dirty and smelly mattresses. I bought mine at Town Center Kennesaw Georgia clearance store.

Comments

My wife and I have purchased several mattresses from the Macy's Clearance Center in Carle Place, NY. When we first went, we asked the salesman if they were used mattresses (because we would not have bought them if we were told that they were used).

We were assured that their entire stock was not used but rather, either floor models that are sent to the clearance center after a set period of time on the floor of the various stores, or simply overstock. I am appalled that we were lied to. I am also disgusted to learn that we have been sleeping on mattresses that others have slept on. Who knows how sanitary these previous owners were.

Shame on Macy's. They have come a long way since they first opened...a long way down!

to Frank #1515963

I, too, have purchased mattresses and other items from the Macy's Clearance Center in Carle Place, NY. We were also told from the beginning that the mattresses were not used but from overstocked merchandise from various stores, and floor stocks that were removed to display new styles.

I just purchased a king sized mattress. The salesman did not inform me that it was a used mattress, nor did i see a tag that said "used". When i got home and unwrapped the mattress and placed it on the box spring, i noticed that the center was lumpy. I found it strange, and brushed it off as it not being laid flat in the warehouse.

As i was placing a fitted sheet on it, i saw a yellow tag that states place of origin as California, dated Dec 2017. I then found another tag that stated "used and disinfected June 2018" in an inconspicuous area on the mattress. I proceeded to search on the internet to see if it was legal to sell used mattresses in NY, and yes, there is one which states that mattresses can be resold but must be disinfected with certain chemicals due to bug infestation. I was totally upset.

If i had known that the mattress was used, i would not have purchased it. It is gross to think that this used mattress made its way from California to NY in my home. Where has it been? Who slept on it?

Was it bug infested? What conditions was it in prior to disinfecting? The sad part of this is that all sales are final at Macys clearance center so i am unable to return the item, thereby losing close to $1000. I have placed the mattress out at curbside for sanitation pickup, and will never purchase another mattress from there; I will not even purchase a new one from their regular store.

Shame on Macys for not disclosing this information up front. Each sales person should inform the buyer that the item is used, which will then give the buyer the opportunity to make a decision about the purchase.

LadyScot
Naples, Florida, United States #620905

People complain about buying used products, but I am willing to bet every single person who posted on here has returned something to a store before, and more than once. What do you people think these stores should do with your returns?

Eat the loss? Who the heck do you think pays for the loss? YOU do, everytime you go back to that store and the prices are higher. You people will *** about the very problems you cause when you go shopping.

As for 'used' mattress, what did you pay for it?

If it was cheap, did you really expect a brand new mattress for that price? Sometimes, rarely, but sometimes, I am still amazed at the abject selfishness of people.

Miami, Florida, United States #620602

JUST PURCHASED A BEAUTYREST FROM MACY'S CLEARANCE CENTER. NOT RETURABLE...WHEN IT WAS UNPACKED A YELLOW TAG, THAT I HAD NOT SEEN BEFORE, SAID IT WAS SECONDHAND...HAD i BEEN TOLD OR ANY REFERENCE MADE TO THE CLEARANCE SALE...I WOULD NOT HAVE PURCHASED IT. HOW CAN A STORE LIKE MACY'S SELL SECONDHAND ANYTHING.

I called Macy's several times regarding the mattresses being labeled "second hand and sanatized" at the clearance center and was told they were never slept on. I was told Macy's does not sell used mattresses.

The ones in the clearance center are supposed to be refused deliveries, discontined or floor sample models only.

I can't help but believe otherwise. There are just way too many for that to be true.

Actually I think Macys has gone from a high class department store to a low class department store. Shop at Target, Sears. or JcPenneys to get better deals.

they are suppose to sell new discontinued models not used models. me thinks this warrants a complaint with state consumer protection office.

We recently bought a King sized mattress from the Macy's at Town Center in Kennesaw and have been very happy. We got a great deal for a fraction of the cost. No complaints whatsoever

No, I bought a new mattress from Macy's, and they don't stand behind their warranty. It's a scam.

They will send out an inspector who will take measurements, and no matter what they will say the defect isn't bad enough or it isn't a manufacturers defect.

I don't know what mattress company will stand behind their product & warranties, but I know it isn't macy's.

Actually, a bed bought from a clearance center should not be used. I did buy a mattress from a "real" Macy's, and I believe it was used.

The bed dips in the middle. The inspection is a farce. The man said "you got what you paid for." WRONG?

I paid a lot of money for a mattress that was no where near the bottom of the line. DO NOT BUY A MATTRESS OF ANY KIND FROM MACY'S.

Are you kidding? A clearance center is NOT a used furniture store!

If it's used, it should be advertised as used, not sold as new in a clearance store.

This complainant has every right to "bash" this behavior!! I, for one, appreciate the head's up as I was ready to buy a mattress at a Macy's clearance center!

You bought your bed at a clearance store. Of course it's a used bed. Go to a REAL Macy's and buy a brand new bed next time before you post some *** complaint on the internet bashing them.