Layout of Store

Macy's rejected my on-time payment via my bank at the end of August. I called and was promised it would go through and the late fee ($27) and interest charge ($3.39) would be reversed as well.

The late fee was reversed on the next statement but not the interest charge. I emailed Macy's and the $3.39 was taken off, but there remains a "minimum interest charge" of $2.00 on the original interest. I spent 30 minutes wandering the "press. .

. " phone system trying to get this corrected and gave up. Also, I have had a Macy's card for over two decades for one reason - a nice selection of petite clothing all nicely arranged in one or two departments. I went into Macy's in New York last week.

It's now like a high-end flea market, arranged by designers. Any petites - very few - are within these designer "booths". I'll waste no time at Macy's any more. These are but two examples of bad experiences I've had with Macy's in the last 4 months.

Shopping online is a nightmare, too. Goodbye Macy's!

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Preferred solution: Reverse interest on interest charge.

I didn't like: Credit card accounting.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Oct 03, 2017.

Comments

MattD78

The Macy's credit card is issued/handled by American Express. American Express are the ones who own the account and are in charge of things like late fees and interest charges. They are the ones you should be calling.

to MattD78 #1592409

Correction, Matt, our card is issued through Citi, DSNB, and FDS Bank, but our credit card customer service is still handled by Macy’s. We’re just Cobranded with American Express for the sake of being able to use the card out of store.

If anyone calls AMEX, they’d redirect you to call Macy’s. Common misconception.