2.2
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I recently called macys.com to find out if I could get a price adjustment on a denim jacket by Levi's.The jacket is listed as $69.99 on macys.com and the same jacket is selling for more than 50% off at the official levi.com website.

I called and talk to a representative only to find out that levi.com is not covered in their price adjustment policy. How can that be its the official validated website. How does that make sense c'mon get with the times that's why these superstore brands are failing.

The representative offered me 15% off first and then 20% off but thats still not anywhere near the levi.com price.Very displeased I still don't understand how the official Levi.com website is not covered.

Review about: Macys Deal.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I didn't like: Bad policy, No price match, Bad price adjustment policy.

Had an Experience with Macys?

Comments

It might be that Levi's contract does not allow discounts or price matching. The Levi company generally doesn't allow any discount in any store and the register is programed to not allow adjustments with no way of overriding. I worked at Kohl's awhile ago and the only coupon/discount that applied was Kohl's cash and that was because it functioned as a "gift card" in a way even though it wasn't.

MattD78
Vero Beach, Florida, United States #1289723

One reason could be because Levi's website is not considered a direct competitor.JCPenny, Dillards, these would be direct competitors of Macys since they are department stores.

Also Macy's doesn't have a written policy for price matching on their website.And even if they did it's a courtesy, not something they are required to do.