Macys - Refund nightmare

4 of 1031 Macys reviews

I purchased an apple watch for my granddaughter for Christmas.On Dec 19th, 2016, I received a call from macys saying someone return an apple watch and my account was wrongly credited and they were reversing the credit and just wanted me to know what it was about when I saw my bill.

No problem I say. Dec 25th my granddaughter decided to exchange the watch for a different color. I take it to my local macys who will not take it back, even though the paperwork says I can take it to the store. I would have to call macys and ask for a return label and take it to a return center.

This doesn't happen with other brick and mortar/on line stores. I'm not happy. I call for a return label for the watch. They tell me i've already received a credit for the watch.

An hour later they agree to send me a label. Never comes and I have to go through the whole issue on the phone again that I never got a credit for my watch. I haven't yet returned it. I get a return label for silverware.

I call again and go through the same dialogue. I finally get a proper label , return the watch and wait for my credit that doesn't come. on the phone again, and again, and again explaining the credit i received in Dec was rescinded and not mine. Here it is Feb 6 and the story is the same - I will get my credit soon.

I asked for an email to that effect since they keep saying that and I'm told they can't send an email, they don't have that ability. They are filing a dispute but I don't know with who - it can only be against macys, since they have the receipt that ups delivered it to them on Jan 16th. However, they once again assure me I will be getting a credit. I have been a loyal macys customer for over 40 years and I have been treated terribly.

I will not be shopping at macy any longer.I will be destroying my macys cards as soon as this case is settled.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Apple Watch Series 1 38Mm Rose Gold
Review category
Supermarkets and Malls
review #1003580

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Macys? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
4 of 1031 Macys reviews

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.