Macys - Review about Shoes Order from Holland, Michigan

Terrible terrible terrible will never shop at Macy's ever again, and apparently if your cash paying customer you're worthless at the store! I paid over $100 for a pair of shoes and unfortunately I missed placed my receipt, because of this and because the store no longer has the shoes, I am not able to get credit for my shoes nor will the store order the shoes in the correct size! They offended me by offering me $29 when they still have the Shoe available online for $118.

When I went into the store (McAllen Texas) at La Plaza Mall the lady in the should department was so rude and condescending, she started reading the return policy out loud in front of the rest of the customers! How embarrassing and how can Macy's employ this type of ppl!!!

I don't believe I'm trying to break their pocket! I'm not even trying to get my money back! I'm only asking to change my shoes for the correct size, they're not willing to do that!!! They will loosing a customer who spends quite a bit of a money in there as well as my friends and family members.

What a selfish store for as big as Macy's is! You should be embarrassed your actions and employees!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Product or service
Shoes Order
Review category
Footwear and Clothing
review #548577 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Macys? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 4 No 4
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Apr 25, 2015 #976716

if you have no proof of purchase you get back the lowest price the items had been at in 120 days. read the return policy. customers like you make me sick.

2 1 Reply

Nov 07, 2014 #896610

You sound like an entitled whiny brat
How would anyone possibly know what you paid if you "misplaced" your receipt?
Big a grown up and donate the shows to someone less fortunate than you

3 1 Reply

Nov 01, 2014 #894023

Cash does make things more "fussy" for a return. If you paid cash you definitely need all the "papers" (receipt, return label on merchandise etc). Prices go up and down all the time, and nobody knows how much you paid without some sort of proof. IF they don't sell the shoes anymore, how long did you wait to do a size exchange? Why wait so long? Regardless, without a proof of purchase you can't expect to get help just walking in with a pair of shoes simply because Macy's happens to sell those shoes. Nobody knows where you got them from.

4 1 Reply

Oct 29, 2014 #892300

Oh please. No receipt then no proof you purchased it there. It could be stolen for all they know. Just because they are a big corporation doesn't mean they are supposed to take back or exchange without a proper proof of purchase/ receipt.

3 0 Reply

Oct 26, 2014 #891033

You posted a picture from as your "evidence" of the price. Now, please tell all of us how you paid "cash" when buying something on Where did you put the money?

6 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Macys. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Macys.
Filing a new complaint about