Macys - Robbed by Macy's

65 of 999 Macys reviews

I am reading all of the other similar reviews and feeling like a fool for shopping at Macy's online.I am having the same problem as many reviewers - ordered online, paid by paypal, returned merchandise to the store 2 weeks ago(!!!!!!), have paper receipts in hand proving that I am due a refund - REFUND NOWHERE TO BE FOUND!!!

Macy's says they've issued it. PayPal does not show it. Bank does not show it. After MANY-MANY calls to Macy's and pending investigation through my Bank, I am furious and STILL OUT OF $240.15.

PayPal account does not show the refund, Bank of America does not show the refund, store has no clue, calling Macy's 5(!!!!!!) times did no good - all I have are the receipts to show that the refund was issued....... I hope my Bank's investigation will get to the bottom of it, but i will NEVER SHOP at Macy's online again - WHAT A HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT AFTER YEARS OF LOYALTY!!! and i am one of those customers who prefers online shopping, so NO MORE MACY'S!!!!!!!!!!

There are so many other options!Macy's is A THIEF of GIGANTIC PROPORTIONS!!!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Refund
Review category
Supermarkets and Malls
review #853768 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Macys? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 1 No 1
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
65 of 999 Macys reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

May 26 #1165153

the same here.. so many people around experience the same non-sense... shopped through online. returned items to the shop. they gave me a refund receipt.
No refund on paypal.
checked again with Macy.. they say they refunded.. it is paypal's fault..
checked with Paypal again.. they say the same blame..
and say bug on system... and nothing they can do...
do not shop at Macy's specially online.. they will give you a meaningless receipt. paypal is so helpless... they say they don't know... it has been a month.. none of any apology letter or mention... if they just get the money..? they got it... wow... damaging their reputation for such a basic service of refund...

0 0 Reply
tina_b

May 27 #1165204

I actually got through to PayPal and they admitted that there was a glitch between them and Macy's - a known problem that they don't know when it could be fixed! I am beyond upset - there are similar complaints on Facebook about Macy's-PayPal glitch from January!!! Technically they are stealing our money. I will fight this as much as I can. My bank is investigating - I will be calling them again tomorrow. I am also looking into filing a criminal report as this is a crime of theft. And of course I will post and share about this far and wide and do everything I can to warn others. I hope both Macy's and PayPal will have serious consequences from this "glitch" - it's absolutely atrocious stealing money from people so bluntly....

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Macys. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Macys.
Filing a new complaint about
×