1.3
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I had three terrible experiences with Macys sales representative and a manager in two consecutive days, two different locations, two different department three different employees.Mistake # 1 Children’s Clothing Danielle – Springfield, Virgina(VA) Mall in the children department.

Upon arrival there was only one cashier ringing up the children’s department. There was two Spanish speaking customer ringing up more than 50 items of clothing and they were singling out the purchase so they can capitalize on the specific sale so instead of ringing them all together they were ringing 3 items at a time. After 45 minutes in line I asked the representative if there are other cashiers available and she told me ”ma`am there is cashiers everywhere…they are upstairs, downstairs, over there, over there in a unfriendly manner. I responded that I did not mean to offend you I was just trying to return this item which I thought should be returned to the department it was purchased from.

She looked at me and said ma~am I am too blessed, I told her there is no reason to be rude and she responded I need blessing and continued to carry on in from of my kids and the other customer. Totally uncalled for…I complained to the manager who handled the matter very heartfelt apologetically, eloquently and professionally and further held my hand and said she was sorry. I can see it made the manger disappointed too…. the manager offered me coupon --- which I really did not care for…as that was not the intent of the complaint…but she asked me to let her do it.

I made a purchase in bags and gladly used the coupon but on arriving home the bag was too small for my current credit card wallet so I returned it to the Macys in my neighborhood. Mistake#2 …when I tried to returned the Michael kors bag and purchase two pieces of Tommy Hilfiger clothing and so I walked up to two cashiers who was standing in the NORTHFACE Section at they were chatting amongst themselves – 20-25 yrs old (Caucasian and African American). When I asked if there are any specials today she right away sais no…I asked if the sale was over from Yesterday, Saturday and she said yes. The African American one turned and sais would you like these items and I said yes but I have a return where I used @ Gift $25 Macys certificate and cash along with the promotional coupons…she responded ok, the Macys cash will go to a gift card.

The unfriendly Caucasian sales clerk did the return and only provided the cash I paid and the African American Sales clerk very friendly (exceptionally friendly upon interacting with her) but neither of them have their names displayed. When I returned to my vehicle I realized that I did not get the gift card so I returned and asked for it and that is when the Caucasian sale clerk said the system give me all back in cask, I told her no and she then said she did not received a prompt to return it. Mistake#3 Manager Gwen, who before she arrived the Caucasian sale clerk walked up the manager Gwen and said something and they both came…I ask the manager if I can speak with her privately and she looked at me up and down in a nasty judgmental. I proceeded to explain what occurred and she scolded me and accused me of being a complainer and in a condescending tone ---she said obviously you are a complainer and that is why you received the Macys cash…I never complained before, she told me that she will offer the adjustment but don’t ever return the items and expect to the get the Macys cash/reward(don’t really know what the red piece of paper said).

When I though she was finished she told a customer at the register who thanked the African American sales rep for the service thanks for recognizing as all some people do is complaint, complaint and complaint. She was talking about me and she was disrespectful, condescending, unprofessional and certainly not a representation of the Macys culture…no wonder the employees working under her management was so unfriendly. It’s the store culture…it starts at the top. I shop a great deal in Macys home and this is not what I am accustom to.

I have myself to blame. I will NEVER be returning to Macys…Manager GWEN should be removed from dealing with customers…training her will not make a difference…she just has nasty condescending demeanor. In closing, I DO NOT NEED anything from Macys, I don’t need any certificate or anything to be subjected and treated like *** again. I will however, tell everyone I know my experience and encourage them to stay away from Macys.

Dr.Marrow

Review about: Macys Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Springfield mall.

I didn't like: Manager gwen at st charles town center waldorf, Waldorf, Waldorf md.

Had an Experience with Macys?

Comments

Manager Gwen needs to go home...unhappy employee makes unsatisfied customer. I only frequent one areas at this store and its cosmetics...the need to close this store down and the one at Marlo Heights, MD -