I spent approximately 1.5 hours shopping online. When I was finished, I had seven items in my bag. As I went to checkout, I was notified that in order to process my order, I had to keep removing items from my bag that were not available, until I was down to just two of my items. I can think of nothing more irritating than wasting 1.5 hours of shopping, putting items into my cart that indicate they are available, and then not being able to purchase most of them. In calling customer service to try to rectify the issue, I waited on hold for over five minutes. When I finally did speak with a woman named "Katey", she indicated that there was nothing she could do, except to put a note in my order that would indicate that I could call back on Friday, four days later (when one of the items would become available), whereby Macy's would honor the 25% "Friend" discount. She was going to go ahead and push my two-item order through, but disconnected me while I was waiting on hold. This was after 22 minutes on the phone with her. She never called back, even though she had already asked me for all of my information, credit card, address, phone number, etc. I called back again and got stuck on hold for over 15 minutes. I hung up, called back again, and spoke with another representative, who indicated that there were no notes in my order. In reexplaining the entire situation, I spent another 20 minutes on the phone and received no satisfaction, except that she was going to process my order for the two items in my cart. She indicated she placed my order. When I got off the phone, I received a confirmation email that included only ONE of my two items that I was trying to order. She never indicated that one of my two items would also not be available or ordered. I have never been so frustrated or disappointed with an online order in my life. I shop online for the convenience, to save time, and to avoid the headaches of shopping in-store. All told, I probably spent about three hours of my life (which is probably less than reality) to order one item.

After I went back online last night at about midnight, I was somehow able to order three of the items (two pairs of boots and a North Face jacket) online successfully. How is this possible? That being said, today, I checked the status of my order and the North Face jacket is backordered until December 30th, even though it clearly states online, today, that it is "IN STOCK" and will ship in four days, if I were to reorder it.

Why would anybody shop online if none of the stock is actually available? Why bother with these hassles? Macy's is a joke.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Poor customer service, False advertising of stock.

Had an Experience with Macys?

Comments