8K views

I purchased a "Worry No More Warranty" (7 year) on a complete sofa set and ottoman. The cushions tore on the back where the backing met leather and when I called in to report it and get service, they refused to honor this warranty since it needed to be reported within 10 days of noticing the tear (I had noticed the tears about a year previously and just hadn't gotten around to reporting it since it was on the back of the cushions).

They were incredibly rude with me and said that I just needed to read the fine print of the "legally binding" warranty. I was never told when I bought the sofa and warranty that there was such a small window of time to report an issue. This is such a rip off! They spent an hour on the phone with me getting the details of the issue before telling me that it wouldn't be covered (asking for exactly where the tears were).

Obviously they knew it wouldn't be covered but were just documenting the details for the future. Macy's has just lost a good customer.

I will never walk into their store again! What a major customer service scam!

Comments

I have had the "Worry No More Warranty", I was told that the money would be refunded if I did not use the warrantee. I never used it in seven years and after calling Macy's they gave me the policy number and had to call a third party vender to get reimbursed and since I did not APPLY for the refund within 30 days after the warrantee expired I lost over $600.00.

Macy's furniture is junk and a SCAM of a company.

I will post on every social media site so that people don't get SCAMED and file a complaint with the BBB. Macy's should have sent a notice to inform that the warrantee was coming due several months in advance.

Had purchased furniture when I was 8 months pregnant, my then husband filled out the paperwork. I paid for the service on my credit card.

Since the purchase we have divorced, but the couch has remained in the same location as its original delivery.

Worry No More will not cover the broken motor because my ex does not live in this residence any longer. Worry No More states they can not fix the motor because the couch transferred ownership in the divorce and hence the contract is voided.

Bonita Springs, Florida, United States #1188630

Worry no more is a scam by Macy's . Even if you file a claim on time they deny it.

A waist of money. I will never buy anything from Macy's

Just got denied for stains that even the company they sent to clean agreed did not come out!! Now they say this is "soiling"!

The scam continues...DO NOT waste your money.

You will "Worry Lots More" because you have been ripped off! Macys is crazy to continue to offer this service as it reflects so poorly on them!!

Just wanted to say thanks for posting. I have yet to see one good review for the NMW warranty. My furniture just came and I absolutely love it, but I will save my $ and skip the warranty.

Such a scam!! When I purchased my table they specifically said it covered scratches on the table..well fast forward a year scratches on the table and they are refusing to cover it.

I even remember the lady said if your child happens to scratch the table with metal eraser even that happening that it would be covered but nope worry no more denied my claim. So what do they really cover then????

SCAM! Waste of money!

We need a lawsuit enough is enough too many of us getting ripped off it'll continue if we don't do anything

SAME HAPPEN TO ME , EXTREMELY RUDE, PUT ME ON HOLD FOREVER, I LEFT FEW MESSAGES FOR SUPERVISOR-NEVER CALLED ME BACK.

LAURA

Long Beach, California, United States #995484

I totally agree with all the negative comments regarding Worry No More. I have stopped shopping a Macys because of the connection with WorryNoMore.

Worry no more is a SCAM!!!! SHAME on Macys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bethesda, Maryland, United States #909556

I purchased the WNM warranty..... DO NOT DO IT!!!!!!

It is a scam, just as others have posted. Had tears in the seams if a leather sofa. When I called, they said it was normal wear and tear. My manufacturer's warranty expired so it is not covered.

When I called about a different hole, and told them my son accidentally punctured it , this time they said I waited too long to file the claim. The warranty cost $288 and is a joke! Take your money and save it for hiring somebody if a repair is needed. Oh, BTW, the $1500 sofa is a piece of *** too.

I now have 4 holes in the sofa just from my son sitting on it. Oh, as others have posted, the woman was very rude!

Charlotte, North Carolina, United States #888564

I've used the plan 3 times. For me it's not the warranty but the lack in quality in the furniture as my bed fram has cracked 3 times and surprise surprise they have no more rails in stock....Will not purchase furniture from Macy's again. After having the set for one year I now have to get a mix-match bed

Hoffman Estates, Illinois, United States #862350

I feel the same way as you I have been getting the run around for weeks.

Finally agreed to take the cash settlement.

Its been about two weeks I called them to see how long the refund would take

they now say they never received my signed copy of the letter they emailed

me.

I told them it never came back in the mail so now they are saying they emailed the corrected letter I told them since I kept a copy of the first letter they were identical. I paid now to fax it to them. This is a nightmare I worked for a defense company and I would not last a day if I handled our customers this way'

This is ridiculous, I have had the same issue with this insurance, and the people on the phone are really rude. This is a rip off insurance.

All what you hear is "worry no more" it should be "worry more" when you buy this insurance.

15 days to make a claim and nobody tells you about it. short claim notice !!!!

Paying 198 Dollars for nothing.

The most disappointing thing is I bought it from Macy’s that normally should have a good insurance advice.

Macy's is the worse I'm so disappointed,I will never recommend anyone to purchase anything from Macy's and absolutely never purchase their so call WORRY NO MORE service contract plan when they offer that plan to me it sound great for 7 years at a discount price but never told me you have only 10 days to report an issue and it don't cover stains,the main reason I purchase the scram WORRY NO MORE service contract plan because I was told by the sale person that it cover body fluid meaning ware a person sit and over time sitting area become dirty or darker just in that area, sale person gave an example, like if you sweat a lot, I said to her oh ,that will be great cause my husband sweat a lot so sale person this plan will work for you , well I called today 7/9/2014 stay on the phone for a while then I was put on hold for her to come back to tell me that body fluid are consider a stain and that's not cover, I was so upset but i will be reporting to the BBB and Ripoff.com CONSUMER BEWARE.

Worry no more is a scam. We had purchased a leather couch from Macy's.

Although the purchase was 2 years ago the warranty is for 7 years. We have numerous rips in the couch. I had called to have them come & repair it. I noticed the rips recently and could not give them an exact date.

They asked how it happened and I said I had no idea. They would not come and fix the couch. It is obviously not a big deal but the point is that you purchase a warranty and they were not only were they not accommodating but they were rude. That was disappointing.

We have purchased many pieces of furniture from Macy's that we love but this is the first that we have called to have something repaired from the extended warranty & it didn't work out for us. I was defiantly not surprised when I read all the bad reviews about worry no more.

I am just surprised that Macy's (a well know company) is connected with worry no more. I hope others have a better experience when dealing with worry no more.

Macy's has been nothing but a huge disappointment; I purchased two sets of furniture with them, hoping to get a blackout Friday deal (2013) for my new house. Right!

There were problems right from the start and I should have returned both sets of the sofas, but if you only knew my patience. First, I waited 5 weeks for everything to arrive -- reasonable for furniture order. However, five of six pieces were delivered defective, either through transportation or during their workers assembly at my house.

I was promised another month to have the replacement, but after I didn't hear from them to schedule delivery, I called, and was told that only 1 set was going to be replaced.

The leather sectional *might* be back ordered or out of production. When were they going to tell me this? When I sell my new house? Their inventory system is so bad that they cannot give me a concrete answer as to if and when I will get a replacement.

I thought after more than two months of waiting, it was time for them to come and take it back. I had to wait another 3 weeks for pick up. The truck finally came and hauled it away. I waited 2 weeks to call about my refund.

They said because I lived in a remote area, I had to wait another 2 weeks for the furniture to arrive back to the warehouse. After I waited some more, I called to check on the status. I was furious when I heard the agent on the phone tell me that they haven't picked up the furniture. Are you *** kidding me?

I have the receipt of the pickup -- we are now in mid April 2014. I want my money back right now. Was I late on my payment? NO!

I paid you with good money, which you failed to provide me with good products. I spoke to several agents who always answered the phone in a prerecorded speech, "How may I help you with outstanding service today?" After hearing this for the nearly ten times, I replied "That would be just impossible, because you guys have proven to screw up time after time." I added, "And I hope this call is being recorded to ensure quality service that apparently does not exist at Macy's!" I was told my the agent that they could not locate my sectional. Why was I not told this the first time I called in? After hours of being on the phone with them, and many promises that they would personally call me back after they investigated my issue, I no longer believed their ethic.

I asked to speak to the highest supervisor available and that's when I finally got a clear answer about my refund. A couple of days later, an email arrived stating good news (that we had to pop open a bottle of champagne to celebrate) that my refund has been issued -- that means is 10 more days for the check to come to my door. Due to bad history, I decided to check the record, to see if they are in fact refunding the correct amount. Another screw up!

They were nearly $200 short. Another phone all. Another hour wasted. Eventually, we got that cleared.

Only just to be cursed by the other set of sofa that we decided to keep. One of the cushions fabric broke! I filed a claim online, and got an email from a third party company. This automated email sent me several options as to "help" me with my claim.

I clicked on the link, and a message tells me that I do not have a claim open. This is just to show you the quality of detail Macy's operate upon. They sent me a link to tell me I have no claim, which I just opened? Great service!

I contacted them, their reply was "According to the store of purchase, you do not have warranty. The merchandise was returned and credited back to you.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the original store of purchase." I am furious all over again for the level of attention and ethic of this company. If I had just filed a claim for damaged furniture, obviously, we're not talking about the same piece of furniture.

The agent asked me to send her the invoice. Upon studying the invoice, (that was billed twice, once for each set of furniture) I noticed only one item of protection plan.

At the time of purchase, I was lead to believe that both sofa sets were covered. And the battle continues…(June 2014).

The same thing happened to me today (5/20/2014)on patio furniture. They take all this info and then say read fine print, you are not covered.

On the sheet comparing NMW warranty with others it states that cracks and blistering are covered. But my service rep said "read the warranty on brochure, breakage of frame covered, cracks and blistering of frame not"!!!!!

What a scam!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sigh

I bought a sectional from Macy's 6 months ago with the Worry No More protection plan. After accidentally spilling something on the chaise lounge, I called to file a claim which a week later was declined noting that there was an "accumulation" of stains.

In researching my situation I discovered that there were hundreds of complaints just like mine from customers who bought the warranty and had their claims declined by Uniters.

I was told I could dispute the results of the claim but I instead decided to go back to Macy's and request a refund for the warranty. After working my way up the chain in escalations and noting that I was aware of hundreds of other complaints just like mine, Macy's has agreed to replace the sectional.

While I'm glad that Macy's did the right thing, what it has taken on my part to get them to deliver proper service is absolutely frustrating. After they deliver the replacement sectional, I am officially done with Macy's for good.

Yes, me too, bought the worry-no-more 7 year policy. Basically when you get the real terms (the paperwork after two weeks paying for the couch, not the glossy brochure) you will see exclusions like "reoccurring damage as a result of lifestyles and "Acts of God" So I was not surprised by my claim for fading of the leather and the reclining mechanism broke off after four years. It is a scam, Macy probably owns that worry-no-more, or gets benefit from selling these rip-off policies - I shall never step inside a Macy's again.