I have had the most horrendous customer service experience of my life with Macy's trying to place what could've been a simple order for dinnerware.I first started the order on July 2nd.

I was unable to apply my gift card towards part of this order so called the customer service line and after trying to explain the situation to them and being transferred to 2 or 3 different people, was told that the gift card system was down and to call back in a day or two. I called back within this timeframe and the system was still down. I then called back a week later and still there was no resolution to the problem. I called back today (July 20, 2015) hoping that three weeks would be enough time to resolve this gift card issue.

It still hasn't been resolved and after being transferred to several people, I was told that a supervisor could override the glitch and place my order. I provided my correct shipping and billing address to 3 different individuals during this time as each one said that they would make the change in the system but clearly didn't. When I received my order confirmation email a couple hours later (after the supervisor had gone through the que to place it), the shipping and billing address were still incorrect (my old address). As a Macy's card holder and a loyal customer for many years, I was shocked at the incompetence of this customer service center and the hassle that I was being put through just to buy some dinnerware.

I called the center back and the only option provided to me was that they would have to cancel the entire order, I would only get my money back (on my Macy's credit card) once the original order had been re-routed to the warehouse and that my gift card balance wouldn't show up again for another 24-48 hours. Not only have I already waited long enough to get these dishes, I would now have to wait longer and call back yet again to place this order for a zillionth time. I am seriously sick to my stomach thinking about the incompetence and inefficiency at a major retailer such as Macy's.

I am disgusted with the company's practices and procedures and don't plan on going through this kind of hassle ever again for any future purchases.I will also be sure that my friends and family and other potential buyers are aware of this process and the difficulties that you place clients through.

This reviewer shared experience about order processing issue and wants this business to issue a partial refund. The author is overall dissatisfied with Macys. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Macys.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Supermarkets and Malls category for more informed decision or compare Macys to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Macys?

Comments

honestly what do you expect?i too have been a long time customer at macy's and then I had to work there.

They are no better than wal-mart in how they treat their associates. I am college educated, but do to the area I live in and the economy macy's was the best paying job I could get (sadly). they are no longer interested in training and retaining employees. the turn over is insane.

as an associate i am sorry that you had to go through this, but this is what happens when people want discounts upon discounts.

do you think the ceo eats the discounts.no, they provide the discounts by paying store and customer service associates minimum wage.